Thursday, August 7, 2008

The big 4-0 !

Yup this week, this is it, the dreaded one.....at exactly 12 pm Sunday afternoon.....the big 4-0 !!
I feel weird about it. I didn't think I would. I think I am mourning my youth, lol. I just keep thinking I will never be young again. Not that youth was all its cracked up to be!
It makes it even harder that I have older children 22 and 20 to be exact! And younger children 8 and 5!!!! Am I an older mom or a younger one???
Or maybe its because I lost my dad last year and my mom was just dx'd with breast cancer last month?
Ya' know facing my own mortality.
Maybe.
Or maybe its just the whole turning 40 stigma?
I don't really feel old.
Well okay when I am running to pee first thing in the morning, I feel old then!! LOL :)
Hmmmm.....a few more days to ponder this.

1 comment:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

ACK!!!!!!

I missed it!
THE BIG 4-0!

Happy belated birthday to you
Happy belated birthday to you
Happy belated birthday dear Christine...
Happy very belated birthday to YOU!!!!!

BIG hugs,
Jane